Nick Carter sued

Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter sued over alleged 2001 rape of teen

A woman with cerebral palsy who claims she was raped as a teenager by Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter lodged a civil lawsuit against the singer in the United States on Thursday. Ms Shannon Ruth, now 39, said the singer forced her to perform oral sex on him on a tour bus after a show in 2001, and then raped her. Attorney Mark Boskovich told a virtual press conference that Ms Ruth, who was then 17, had been queuing for an autograph after a Backstreet Boys show in Tacoma, Washington, when Carter invited her onto the bus.

December 9, 2022
December 9, 2022

Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter sued over alleged 2001 rape of teen

A woman with cerebral palsy who claims she was raped as a teenager by Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter lodged a civil lawsuit against the singer in the United States on Thursday. Ms Shannon Ruth, now 39, said the singer forced her to perform oral sex on him on a tour bus after a show in 2001, and then raped her. Attorney Mark Boskovich told a virtual press conference that Ms Ruth, who was then 17, had been queuing for an autograph after a Backstreet Boys show in Tacoma, Washington, when Carter invited her onto the bus.

push notification